How to Make Your House Listing Appealing

• How to Make Your House Listing Appealing

Posted by Hugh Jack on November 25, 2019 at 6:48 am

Hey Everybody, 

I am thinking about making my house an Airbnb or Homestay listing. I bought the property quite some time ago, so it is not really looking like the most modern house in the area. So, I was trying really hard to figure out how to make it appealing vs other listings in the same area? Some Google search led me to these ideas:

– Avoiding pictures with cords and plugs  (coz nobody wants a messy house)

– Lighting (still figuring out how to get that Instagram-worthy images, thinking about getting those ring lightings that they use in movies)

– Avoiding furniture clutter (not having trouble with this because I am a minimalist haha)

– Many photos of the home’s unique feature (struggling with this because the property isn’t exactly new)

I know I can always hire a photographer to cover all of these jobs for me. However, since I am trying to make some passive income, I don’t know if investing in a photographer is really a game-changer. Do you have any other ideas or thoughts about this matter?

Lilian Pang replied 4 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Lilian Pang

December 20, 2019 at 4:09 am

I’m an engineer with a passion for design. What I can tell you is branding and advertising!

Which platform can help you? SOCIAL MEDIA

How to get people to check it out? GOOD PICTURES

Listings with testimonies would add a major + so if you could ask some of your past clients or friends to come provide their insights that would be a major +

Take good angles! 

Pro photographers are not a must but if you have a decent phone and google a little bit about how to take IG photos, you should be okay.

Maybe get new furniture?

Make the price competitive! I can’t stress how many times I’m more tempted by the $$ than the Interior Design or photos

Hope that helps 🙂

• Lilian Pang

December 20, 2019 at 4:10 am

PS Maybe try asking the people in the Interior Design group. They probably have a tonne of ideas on how to make your house more presentable

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.