Dilemma of Renting Place to College Students

• Dilemma of Renting Place to College Students

Posted by Charles Brayden on November 19, 2019 at 7:00 am

Thinking about renting my 4 bed 2 bathroom place to a bunch of college students. Maybe charging them per room or for the entire place (Still thinking about it). But, I have read so many reviews about college students thrashing up the place and not paying rent on-time. Is it worth it to rent out my place to them? How do I screen the potential renters or come up with a contingency plan?

Charles Brayden replied 4 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Marissa Santos

November 19, 2019 at 7:42 am

From my experience, a BIG NO-NO! College students are going to THRASH UP YOUR PLACE and leave you POORER than you start off! I have had countless of experiences with these kids and I am done giving my place to them for rent. You’re better off finding a family that wants to start a new life in your area rather than wasting your effort on the college students. 

• Charles Brayden

November 25, 2019 at 7:41 am

That is one of my biggest concerns. I don’t want to incur additional cost to keep the house attractive when the students leave. However, that being said, it’s unfair to generalize all students and there’s also that part of me that feels guilty for not trying to help those students find a good place for them to study and earn their degrees. 

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.