To live on the island or not the island?

• To live on the island or not the island?

Posted by Jessica Lim on December 19, 2019 at 8:32 am

Hello everyone! I had a discussion with some of my friends today and you guessed it! We were talking about Penang! Some of my friends said that the island is so packed they prefer the land; the others agreed otherwise. What are your thoughts about the property and lifestyle? Appreciate if people in Penang can drop their thoughts! 🙂

Madelyn Carter replied 4 years, 4 months ago 10 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Charles Tan

December 19, 2019 at 8:47 am

Didn’t think you were going to bring this topic on the Properly Community! Well, as per our intellectual discussion earlier, I’m going with the island. Really, there’s just so much more things to do and you can say that you’re living on an island! 🙂 

Think about it, when someone says Penang, do you think about the island Penang or the part of Penang that’s attached to the Peninsular? Yeah, I agree that the property cost may be more expensive on the island due to “less land”. But, there are many factories and manufacturing company on the mainland now, so the cost is more or less the same I would say. 

• Luna Stella

December 20, 2019 at 3:36 am

Mainland for me! As a food addict, I feel like people often misrepresent the hawker food quality on Penang Island. While they are good, actually the food in Seberang  Prai and Bukit Mertajam are more authentic. And don’t even let me start on the price per bowl. It’s usually overpriced to get a plate of rojak on the island. So for me, I prefer the mainland just because of better traffic condition and relatively cheaper food option

• Nasrul Haziq

December 21, 2019 at 1:34 pm

You read me

• Arianna Julie

December 20, 2019 at 7:20 am

Island for sure! Can say I go overseas every time when I go back to visit my relatives haha

• Nasrul Haziq

December 21, 2019 at 1:35 pm

Near to Langkawi Island it port free

• Christina Wong

December 20, 2019 at 7:53 am

Mainland! I hate traffic jam and don’t like to pay extra toll :/

• Tony Looi

December 20, 2019 at 9:02 am

Dang, can’t believe this is a legit argument haha! For me anywhere not in Penang. Penang so foreign for me I prefer KL xD 

• Soraya Begum Abdul Rahman

December 21, 2019 at 1:08 pm

Surely island

• Fatin

December 21, 2019 at 1:08 pm

Hmm, this is a very interesting thread! Keep them coming y’all! 

• Jessica Lim

December 21, 2019 at 1:26 pm

Can’t believe this is actually blowing up haha! but love to see how the communities differ haha

• Nasrul Haziq

December 21, 2019 at 1:27 pm

Island with food paradise

• Madelyn Carter

December 21, 2019 at 1:38 pm

Island! Love the more intrinsic architecture! <3

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.