The best place for steamboat in PJ?

• The best place for steamboat in PJ?

Posted by Tony Looi on July 19, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Need some new place suggestion for steamboat around PJ. Please don’t suggest Hai DiLao Hotpot as I am a frequent visitor there and I would like to try new place instead SunglassesRofl

Tony Looi replied 2 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Arianna Julie

July 23, 2021 at 3:09 pm

Do you have any preference if it’s Japanese/Korean/Chinese steamboat? From my observation, there are different kind of steamboats you can choose from. Also, is steamboat = hotpot? Thinking

• Lily McCarthur

July 23, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Steamboat=hotpot and it is basically a Chinese cuisine that uses broth, vegetables, and various contents such as meat, seafood, etc. It is typically eaten with noodles or rice. The reason that hotpot has become popular in Western countries has been attributed to its wide availability in the food market and its affordability.

Steamboat/hotpot also a cultural practice that has developed over time. The history of hotpot dates back to the Tang Dynasty through the period of the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms, where it was called “Baotou”. The origin of hotpot can also be traced back to medieval China. A pot full of boiling broth is placed in the middle of a table, where raw ingredients are dipped in it and then eaten. The style has changed in various dynasties and eras. During the Qing Dynasty, the hotpot was called “Huoshao”. The dish was served in a steamer and eaten with chopsticks.

In the 1950s, four hotpots with different flavours were created in Dongdaemun Market in Seoul. Through the passage of time, most people have come to eat it at home due to how convenient it is to have it at home. All you need is a hotpot which you can simply buy it online and the price range varies according to the brands.

KL is another great place to get your steamboat fix – and it’s a good one, too. Korean, Japanese and Chinese-style dishes are on offer here. For those who prefer their noodles slicked with tangy sauce or broth, KL has menus with dishes such as beef hotpot and shabu-shabu. The wet market eateries in the area also offer a variety of steamboat pots from which you can choose to have your meat served for lunch at ridiculously affordable prices. Hope this explanation makes sense XD

• Tony Looi

July 23, 2021 at 3:57 pm

I see. That’s a good explanation on hotpot=steamboat matters! I usually use steamboat unless the shop’s name uses hotpot. I think I don’t have any specific preference whether it’s Korean, Japanase or Chinese steamboat/hotpot. They’re equally nice to me.

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.