Reply To: Roadside food: Apam balik

• Ariana Lane

August 26, 2021 at 3:26 pm

Apam balik Kuala Kedah

Call it apam balik Kuala Kedah, I keep remembering `Apam Balik Wak ‘. As we all know, Wak’s return started 40 years ago around 1979 from the late Mauzi bin Tamin (known as Wak) now, his son continues the legacy of Wak’s return.

The location of the origin of apam balik is first, if I’m not mistaken, it’s near the Customs area … even if it’s empty, remember. If the new layer may not know the coat (now the Mee Abbas area). I think Wak has been there for about 20 years. After that, the location was changed to a new location, Medan Makan in front of the Post Office (Current location). The new location is Abdul Rahim, the son of Wak Pulak, who is back in business. He continued his father’s legacy by saying that he himself was also called Wak by the local community here. Where is the spillage of gravy if not on the rice? Hehe.

For the community here, there is also a taste that is different from what is sold elsewhere. That’s right, in other places there are also sales. Each in its own way. Now, I’ve varied a bit of seasoning for this apam balik. So, for anyone who has never tasted this back, just give it a try. How do you know the coat has a taste for hangpa. For us it is delicious. Just taste it all. I just want to order it, if I buy it, I’ll be a little worried because there are a lot of people. Usually you have to wait a bit.

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.