Reply To: Best Char Kuey Teow place in KL and PJ

• Sarah Ismail

August 3, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Mali’s Corner

Mali’s corner is famous for its Char Kuey Teow and their restaurant is located in Kuala Lumpur. It is also a popular place because it offers Malay style of cooking, which differs from the Chinese style. The sauce is not so thick and has a spicy taste to it as well. The noodles are also less oily than most of the other stalls, which means that you have more flavourful ingredients to enjoy! Instead of ‘char’ (which means fried in Chinese), the kuey teow that Mali’ Corner offer is more to ‘wet’ kuey teow; which is also the common type of kuey teow in Malay cuisine/cooking. While the Chinese like it dry and wok hei taste, the Malay cuisine for kuey teow is wetter and has a little hint of spiciness. I know this thread is about ‘char’ kuey teow; but if you’re feeling adventurous, do try wet kuey teow! Especially from Mali’s corner in Danau Kota (the one that I usually go to). Below is a picture of wet kuey teow for reference. Besides famous for their kuey teow, Mali’s corner also well known for its Nasi Lemak ayam! If you think Village Park is good, then you should try their Nasi Lemak as well. I am not too sure why their Nasi lemak didn’t get raved as much as Village Park when in my opinion, it is slightly better than Village Park.

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.