Reply To: How many types of Laksa are there?

• Sarah Ismail

July 9, 2021 at 12:26 pm

My all-time favourite is curry laksa! Curry Laksa uses curry broth and coconut milk as the broth/soup. These ingredients can be prepared at home in many different ways. The closest traditional Malaysian versions that I like is curry laksa from Ah Cheng Laksa! Curry laksa can be eaten on its own or as part of another dish such as nasi lemak (or simply nasi).

The origins of curry laksa are obscure; however, the dish has been created and enjoyed by the Malaysian and Singaporean communities for many years. Invented by migrant workers who were required to take their meals out from their homes, curry laksa is now a popular street food and is found in many small restaurants throughout Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei. The dish gained popularity among home cooks during the 1970s.

Curry laksa is usually served with: meat or seafood – either barbecued or stir-fried. I would suggest you to try Ah Cheng’s Curry laksa. It’s not too spicy as well in case you can’t tolerate spicy food. The curry laksa is simply fabulous! Innocent

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.